Saturday, September 5, 2009

Memories of Murder: NETFLIX THAT!

My boy Quentin Tarantino (Okay, fine. I've never met the man) considers Memories of Murder (2003) one of his Top 20 movies of the last 17 years (# of years he's directed professionally), so I thought I'd give this film a look. GOOD CALL BY ME.

This is another dope film coming out of South Korea, which is home to more than just those delicious grapes that taste like Jolly Ranchers and stain your teeth. South Korea is home to compelling, unique, and great movies! In hip-hop terms, South Korea is taking it to the NEXT LEVEL.

Basically, Memories of Murder is about a serial killer that invades a small rural town in Korea during the mid-80's, which is based on a true story. That's all I'll say about the plot because I want you to see it for yourself!

This film has a lot of great elements to it. Style, humor, rich characters, suspense, great emotions, the works. Hopefully, you'll totally get lost in the movie when you watch it like me. A great experience for the viewer.

Overall, I'd give this film a "NETFLIX THAT!"

No comments:

Post a Comment