Thursday, August 13, 2009

JCVD: Incredible

If you're not a Jean-Claude Van Damme fan, then you need to get on board this hot tamale train (SYTUCD reference). Jean-Claude Van Damme is simply incredible, and in JCVD, you'll see the great Jean-Claude like you've never seen him before! EXPOSED and UN-BELIEVABLE!

Bloodsport - epic. Kickboxer - classic. The one where he's a twin - Eddie Murphy like skill. The one w/ the hockey ring (Sudden Impact) - amazing. Double Team - Dennis Rodman. The Quest - sucked but not his fault. Jean-Claude is a national treasure (I'm adopting him from Belgium). And in his most daring role yet, Jean-Claude lays it all on the line in JCVD by playing HIMSELF in present time.

Vunerable, dynamic, self-effacing, honest, the high leg kick thing - Jean-Claude is all these things and more in his performance of himself. Quite possibly, his BEST performance ever/ very close to when he beat Chong Li in Bloodsport.

JCVD is so amazing that I don't even know how to describe this movie. I can't. You just have to watch it. The whole time I was like, "I'm watching a mad genius at work. In 10 years, I will understand what this movie meant to me. JCVD is ahead of its time."

Once you'll see it, you'll understand. However, I must say this:

WARNING: PLOT SPOILER ALERT

The JCVD monologue is one of the most AMAZING pieces of cinematic work I have ever seen! The monologue is unbelivable for so many reasons! It was like Leo holding Kate in Titanic esque in epicness. THE MONOLOGUE IS AMAZING!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Susan for your very kind words. Much appreciated. We'll keep pointing out random things in pop culture to share with everyone. =)

    ReplyDelete